This book was sparked by a simple question to thousands of moms: “If you believe you should be praying but you aren’t, why not?” Their answers revealed seven common challenges and beliefs moms have, including
· I don’t know what or how to pray
· I don’t know if my prayers really matter
· I can’t pray until I get my life together
· I’m so busy!
The answer Brooke McGlothlin has seen in her years as a prayer mentor is to pray Scripture over your family and yourself. God’s Word is living and active (Hebrews 4:12) and does exactly what God purposes (Isaiah 55:11). This means nothing is more powerful and faith-building than praying God’s Word for those you love. Complete with prayers for specific everyday situations, this book will have you making prayer your first and best response to every aspect of family life.
It’s Time to Stop Trying to Be the Perfect Mom.
You long to be the mom your kids need, but often you’re convinced you come up short. The label “not enough” seems to be stamped across everything you do—and yet parenting is the one thing you want most to get right.
What if the solution is simply to embrace the truth that you are not enough—but God is?
In Gospel-Centered Mom Brooke McGlothlin reveals how our entire approach to motherhood shifts when we stop chasing our vision of a perfect family and start full-out pursuing God. With refreshing candor, Brooke examines the daunting task of raising children in the light of God’s Word and challenges you to:
· embrace your moment-by-moment need for Jesus
· release the stress of believing everything is your responsibility
· learn to fight for rather than against your child
· believe that the story God is writing with your life is worth the sacrifice
· practice the daily disciplines that lead to Gospel-centered parenting
As you learn to anchor your life in the Gospel, you’ll find increased freedom, purpose, and joy in motherhood. And you’ll discover that Jesus is more than capable of meeting every need, for your children and for you.
Do You Ever Feel Like You’re Fresh Out of Amazing?
Daily pouring yourself out for your family, you’re tired, overwhelmed, and have nothing left to give. Hope for the Weary Mom is an honest look at where you find yourself living. In their new book, bloggers Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin (creators of the online communities Mothers of Daughters and The MOB Society) lead you to the God who meets you in your mess and show you that you don’t walk through life alone. You will…
- invite God into your mess
- reconnect with His heart for you
- experience the peace and freedom of walking with Him
It’s easy to forget that God knows you by name when you’re numb with the daily grind. Join Stacey and Brooke and begin the journey from weariness to hope.
Give God Your Next 40 Days and See What Happens!
From the authors of Hope for the Weary Mom comes a new 40-day devotional.
Jesus promises rest to those who seek Him. But how can a weary mom find rest in Jesus when she doesn’t know Him? How can she build her life on the truth of His Word when she doesn’t know it? Hope for the Weary Mom Devotional offers 40 truths every mom needs to know in a devotional format—easy for a busy mom to fit in her life. Discover how to
- live dependently upon Jesus as His Word becomes more rooted in your heart.
- move from weariness to hope in your God-given role as mom.
- focus on who God is and how He moves and works in your life.
Each devotion includes a prayer, Scripture, and questions for reflection. You’ll be moved to deeper truth and be left with a hunger for more of God’s Word.
Learn To Fight For Your Son in Prayer!
Instead of trying harder to change your boy’s behavior or worrying about his future, enjoy the peace that comes when you pray specific prayers for him straight from the Bible. This encouraging book helps you target your prayers on what your son needs most–from patience and self-control to having a pure heart and making wise decisions.
Today you can start giving whatever concerns you have to God and
– learn to fight for your son’s heart in prayer
– look at raising boys as a gift
– see how even quick prayers make a difference
– understand boys’ deepest struggles, no matter their age
– rest in knowing that God is the only One who can change your son’s heart
Written for moms but great for dads (and grandparents) too, this easy-to-use book is filled with uplifting stories and biblical wisdom that will equip you on your journey to raising a godly man.
Includes a 21-Day Prayer Guide for Small Groups, in Person or Online!
Create Your Own Scripture-Based Prayers!
If you’ve ever wondered how to create scripture-based prayers for your children, this guide is for you! This bonus chapter to Brooke’s Praying Mom: Making Prayer the First and Best Response to Motherhood, includes step-by-step instructions for creating your own prayers, and several sample prayers you can begin praying immediately!
“Are there biblical reasons my prayers don’t seem to work?”
Short answer? Possibly. The scriptures are clear that there are some reasons God might choose not to incline his ear to our prayers. In this short bonus chapter #2 of Praying Mom, Brooke explores the question, “Does God hear everyone’s prayers?” and explores five biblical reasons our prayers can be hindered (and what to do if they are).
Is it Really Possible to Stop the Downward Spiral of Our Emotions?
Yes, and with her familiar honesty and boy mom humor, Brooke McGlothlin offers moms a biblical model for submitting emotions to the authority of the Word of God that really works! How to Control Your Emotions So They Don’t Control You is a practical, highly usable, biblical model for submitting your emotions to the authority of the Word of God. After you read it, you’ll be equipped with information you can put into place immediately to start seeing a difference in your heart.
Quit Fighting AGAINST Your Son and Fight FOR Him Instead
Get your roadmap to raising hard-to-handle boys inside of this exclusive program created by boymom, Brooke McGlothlin. In this course, you’ll answer questions like:
- What did I do to deserve hard-to-handle boys?
- Help me understand my hard-to-handle boys!
- How do I show love to my boy when I sometimes don’t like him?
- How can I help my boys learn to fight for themselves using the Word of God as their weapon?
As a bonus, this course includes expert interviews on topics like:
- Grace-filled parenting.
- What to do when you feel abused by your boys.
- Safe-guarding your marriage in a hard-to-handle home.
- What to do with TEEN-AGED H2H boys!
- When do you need the help of a counselor?
- Surviving H2H sibling relationships.
- How to pray when you don’t know what to say.