About Brooke McGlothlin
Author, Speaker, Lover of THINGS THAT MEAN SOMETHING.
My name is Brooke McGlothlin, and I’m one of the cofounders of Million Praying Moms!
A few things about me:
- I’m 43 and I LOVE being in my 40s. I don’t make a lot of apologies for how God made me anymore, although I’m much quicker to ask for forgiveness than I used to be. I think that’s proof of the living God at work inside of me.
- I’ve written five traditionally published books (and a few self-pubbed), most recently, Praying Mom: Making Prayer the First and Best Response to Motherhood. When I was a little girl, I thought I would write fiction books, but as it turns out, nonfiction is my thing. I wouldn’t rule out a children’s book, but it’s not on the docket just yet. Here’s a list of all my works.
- I proudly live with my two teenage boys (14 & 16) and husband of almost 20 years in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. I love Appalachian (pronounced “apple-AT-chan,” short “a”) culture, and both of my boys play the fiddle (and a couple other stringed instruments, but the fiddle is their #1).
- I adore being a boymom. In fact, I prayed for God to give me boys.
- I’m a serious introvert, but I do love people…just in small groups 😉
- My boys love sports…anything with a ball, really, but especially baseball. I love being a sports mom!
- I love flannel shirts, jeans, and Toms shoes.
- I have a BS in Psychology from Virginia Tech (H-O-K-I-E-S HOKIES!), and a MA in Professional Counseling from Liberty University. I spent 10+ years working in nonprofit ministry to women in unplanned pregnancy before choosing to stay home with my own unplanned (but very much wanted) pregnancies and beginning online ministry.
- My boys were born 23 months apart. It nearly killed me, but I wouldn’t change it now. I once called my husband at work and told him to bring me beer and cigarettes (he brought me a Coke and some dark chocolate). It’s a funny story you can read here.
- I am an essential oil junkie.
- I’ve had a crush on my husband since the 3rd grade. True story.
- I flat ironed my hair for over 20 years, but embraced my waves in 2020. It hasn’t been easy, but I’m learning and determined to stick with it.
- God taught me to be a praying mom when my boys were little, and it changed almost everything about me. I couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to pass what He’s taught me along to you 💚
- I love to speak and share what God has taught me about prayer, motherhood, writing, and other things…and I have a new book releasing early August 💥 Learn more about all my books here!
My Official Bio
Brooke is the cofounder of Million Praying Moms, and author of 5 books, including her latest, Praying Mom: Making Prayer the First and Best Response to Motherhood. She’s a wife and mom to two teenage boys who make their home in the mountains of Appalachia, calling southwestern Virginia home.
Brooke loves IG best, so come hang out with her and share daily life by following her at @brookemcglothlin.
This book was sparked by a simple question to thousands of moms: “If you believe you should be praying but you aren’t, why not?” Their answers revealed seven common challenges and beliefs moms have, including
· I don’t know what or how to pray
· I don’t know if my prayers really matter
· I can’t pray until I get my life together
· I’m so busy!
Complete with prayers for specific everyday situations, this book will help you overcome what’s standing in the way of your most vibrant prayer life and have you making prayer your first and best response to every aspect of motherhood.
Gospel Centered Mom
You long to be the mom your kids need, but often you’re convinced you come up short. The label “not enough” seems to be stamped across everything you do—and yet parenting is the one thing you want most to get right.
What if the solution is simply to embrace the truth that you are not enough—but God is?
In Gospel-Centered Mom Brooke McGlothlin reveals how our entire approach to motherhood shifts when we stop chasing our vision of a perfect family and start full-out pursuing God.
Hope for the Weary Mom
Do you ever feel like you’re fresh out of amazing? Daily pouring yourself out for your family, you’re tired, overwhelmed, and have nothing left to give. Hope for the Weary Mom is an honest look at where you find yourself living.
In their new book, authors Stacey Thacker and Brooke McGlothlin lead you to the God who meets you in your mess and show you that you don’t walk through life alone.
Bits of Brooke
One of my specialties is finding the spiritual lesson inside of the ordinary things of life, and as an introvert, I prefer to surround myself with an inner circle to share it with. As a part of my monthly newsletter for online friends, Bits of Brooke, you'll get insider info about what's happening in my family's daily life and how God uses the hard, happy, and hysterical to teach us more about Him. Just enter your name and email address below to subscribe and I'll send you two free prayer printables based on my newest book, Praying Mom (designed by Erin Mohring).
Because he bends down to listen, I will praise Him as long as I have breath.
– Psalm 116:2
Meet Million Praying Moms
Making prayer the first and best part of parenting.
THE place to get help and hope for Christian moms. Tune in now!